Wheel of the year stepping stone

On Feb. 28th we had a crafting project for NCCR, we made wheel of the year garden stepping stones. One of the group leaders had told us to find things that reminded us each of the 8 holidays we celebrate. I was having difficulty finding anything small that I liked and could be put into cement, so I decided to make something. I went to Walmart and picked up a 10 pack of sculpey clay (it even came with 2 tools!). I decided I was gonna make 8 "buttons" that represented the holidays. I had a lot of fun making these!

Starting from the top and going clockwise I have. I linked all of the holiday name so you could lean more about each day if you like!

  • Holly leaves for the Yule (Winter Solstice)
  • A candle for Imbolc (Candlemass, St Brigid's Day)
  • A decorated egg for Ostara (Spring Equinox)
  • Spring flower for Beltane (May Day)
  • The sun for Litha (Summer Solstice, Midsummer)
  • Wheat for Lammas (Lughnassadh)
  • An Apple tree being harvested for Mabon (Fall Equinox)
  • A skull for Samhan (Halloween)
When I finished making the buttons I brought them over to Jean's house so I could assemble my stepping stone. I added rocks, and some wooden and glass beads as well! It came out great! I do need to go get some glue to re adhere 2 of the wooden beads. with out further ado I give you my finished stepping stone!!!

2 comments:

Rose Swansong said...

I love the way you did the "buttons" it turned out so great! Good job! :)

Deb on the Web said...

ooh- how fun! I have always wanted to try doing some mosaic stepping stones with cement and stained glass. Love the idea to use sculpey to make custom pieces!

Post a Comment