Paper Flowers

I am a member of the Crazy Crafter's Club (CCC) and they have a monthly challenge list of 3 different projects to complete each month. I decided to make the paper scrunchy flowers. Since I have a very limited paper supply, 2 books of fancy paper) and no Die cuts or paper punches I had to be extra creative on how I was gonna make these.

I felt the paper stock I do have was to nice to use on making flowers with. Then I remembered I had found the watercolor workbook my husband got me for Yule a few years back. SO I proceed to paint both sides of the watercolor paper in slightly different patters. While that was drying I used a flower cookie cutter as a stamp (this will be for paper crafting only now) and then I cut it out to use as a stencil. I was able to cut out 6 flowers from the water color paper.

I had to steal a few brads and other embellishments from Boho Rose yesterday. She also let me borrow a few stamp sets from her while I wait for mine to come in! I just wanted to toot her horn for a sec here. She is a huge inspiration to me and I consider her my Muse! I know all of this crafty/artsyness lies deep down in me it runs in my blood, both of my parents were amazing artists! (My mother is still alive she just doesn't draw any more) Rose just tends draw it out of me!

Well enough with my rambling, and here is the picture of my flowers! I used 4 yellow brads on the flower on the left The flower on the right I glued together with a glue stick then glued a white crystal jewel in the center. I was quite please with how they turned out! Next time I will make pictures of the steps I did! oh BTW they are almost 3 inches in diameter.

1 comments:

Rose Swansong said...

They turned out great! I could have loaned you a circle punch too :P I really like the way you colored them. Very fun!

Post a Comment